Friday 15 July 2011

Teacher Gifts

 

My son starts “Big School” in September.  I can’t believe he is going to be 5.  So this week is his last one at his Pre-school Playgroup.  He has been there the past 2 years and I decided to make some gifts for the teachers.

I thought something that they could keep would be nice and so decorated some glass votive’s (tea light holders).  I made fabulous little boxes for them too.  Only I packed them all before I could take a picture of the decorated holders.  Still here are the boxes that they will be delivered in.

DSC01640

The boxes are in Baja Breeze cardstock with a 2.5 cm (1 inch) strip of Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper. attached over one side to the other.  The boxes are from a sizzix die that I have which I ran through my Stampin’ Up! Big Shot.  I really love the versatility of the Big Shot which allows me to use other dies. 

Once the tea light holders were sealed inside the boxes, I tied some of the gorgeous Certainly Celery 3.2 cm (1 1/4 inch) Striped Grosgrain Ribbon.  The tag is made using the Cute by the Inch Hostess Stamp Set stamped in Baja Breeze on Very Vanilla cardstock.  I then punched out this out using the Small Label Punch.  Using the Large Label Punch I punched out the larger layer in Always Artichoke and attached it using Baja Breeze Seam Binding.

DSC01641

Here is a close up of the Thank You card.

DSC01642

The sentiment is from the wonderful Oval All stamp Set.

I am so thrilled with the way this has all turned out.  I hope they like them.

Back Soon

Elaine x

1 comment: