Thursday 28 July 2011

Top Note with a Twist


I wanted to make a card with a different type of matting layer.  It’s very easy to just trim your cardstock to a square or rectangle but this time I wanted it to look like a frame.  I also wanted to work with a colour scheme that I don’t normally use.

So here it is……

DSC01652

Isn’t the frame gorgeous??  So how did I do it you ask?  Well out came my trusty and well loved Top Note die – I really, really love that shape.  Using an piece of Pale Plum cardstock I cut out the top note shape using my big shot.  Then I turned it 90 degrees, lined it up and ran it back through again. So simple!  I love it!

The centre piece is a 7 cm x 7 cm (2 ¾ inch x 2 ¾ inch) piece of Whisper White cardstock that I stamped the leaves from the Just Believe Stamp set on in Sahara Sand and Pink Pirouette.  Using a sponge dauber I rubbed around the edge of the piece in Pale Plum to soften it up.  Stick this to the Top Note die cut and added some silver brads. 

I stamped the same leaves in River Rock ink on the front of the River Rock card and mounted it on my card using Stampin Dimensionals to give it some depth.

The Birthday Wishes comes from the Occasional Quotes Level 3 stamp set and is punched out using the Modern label punch.

Back Soon

Elaine x

No comments:

Post a Comment