Friday 8 February 2013

Card Candy

 

Well, I have been busy sorting through my craft room.  I don’t know about you but sometimes it seems I am so busy that I can’t keep ahead of the game.  Well part of my mission this year is to try and be a little more organised and at least one step ahead of myself with things.  I need to use the same mission in my home life too.  For example, for some one who makes a whole ton of cards over the course of the year I like so many other crafters I know, always always always leave it to the last minute to either make a card for someone in particular or to send it out!  It’s awful, and I know it.  I should be so ahead of it.  So as I said that is part of this years game plan.

That also means, part of that is to bring you all those projects that you haven’t seen yet, any cards I use to go out with my orders, any projects I make ready for home parties, all my classes etc.  And this includes some of my previous projects that I haven’t shown you yet.

Well today is one that I did for a Card Candy swap back in November.  I know that seems so last year, but you still need to see them now don’t you?

They were designed as part of a swap arranged by the lovely Sara Rayner for those that were going to Convention.  Unfortunately, I was unable to go but Sara was gracious enough to be my Convention Buddy and took along my Card Candy and some swaps for me.

Here are the card candy.  I used the Tea Shoppe stamp set and used Early Espresso, Pool Party, Whisper White and Lucky Limeade as my colour theme.

This is them all nicely packaged up…

DSC02965

The decoration on the top using the Large Oval and Apothecary Accents Framelits

DSC02966

I used the teacup stamp and removed the handle to make this sugar bowl.

DSC02967

I love this little cup.  I made the banner by cutting a strip of card and snipping out the and using my 1” square punch.  Clever little trick isn’t it?

DSC02968

Another of the little cups coloured directly on to the stamp using my fabulous markers punched out using my circle punch and edged with a little touch of Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.

DSC02969

The sentiment was stamped onto velum and punched out using the Modern label punch. 

DSC02970

A pretty little flower again coloured directly onto the stamp using my markers. The pearl gives it a bit of “special”

DSC02971

I stamped directly onto the drink stirrer in Early Espresso, tied a small strip of Spice Cake fabric and made some faux stitching on the Decorative Label

DSC02972

As a little thank you I sent Sara this little card and note book.

DSC02975

The card was made using the gorgeous Twitterpated Designer Series Paper as it’s background and the sentiment comes from the Tea Shoppe set.

DSC02978

The notepad was decorated using the Bordering on Romance stamp set which co-ordinates beautifully with the Twitterpated papers.

Thanks for stopping by.   Until next time, Happy crafting.

 

ElaineSmithSignature_byAngieWhalley12

No comments:

Post a Comment