Monday 1 April 2013

Thank you, can mean so much.

 

Isn’t it wonderful when someone helps you out, does something out of the blue to cheer you up or perhaps just looks after your children without being asked when you’re not well.

It’s those times when a simple thank you just doesn’t seem enough.  So nothing says thank you more than a handmade card.

I love the colours on this card.  The base is Early Espresso (I think I love this colour), the mat is So Saffron which has been textured with the Fancy Fan Textured Embossing Folder.  This has all been accented with Regal Rose. It’s such a gorgeous old fashioned colour and yet also looks great in Modern Simple Cards.

DSC03182

I used my marker pens in Regal Rose, So Saffron and Lucky Limeade to colour in the flower from the Oh, Hello stamp set.  And stamped my greeting from the same set onto Whisper White, which I then cut out using the Apothecary Accents Framelit die.  I cut a second one in Regal Rose cut off either end then split it in 2 to make the outer edge frame.

A Paper Doily, some Victoria Crochet Trim and Basic Pearls just finished it off nicely.

So next time someone does something nice for you, send a handmade thank you.

Until next time.

 

ElaineSmithSignature_byAngieWhalley12

No comments:

Post a Comment