Sunday 27 May 2012

Imitation Is The Best Form Of Flattery

Last year I took part in a fun Secret Santa Christmas Card over on ILWS.  Each person put their name in and how many cards they wanted to send.  The organiser then sent us the names and addresses of those people who we were to send our cards to.

 

I received the following card from the lovely and very talented Dawn.  I love the card so much that I have kept it on my craft desk waiting for an opportunity to CASE the design.  Don’t they say that imitation is the best form of flattery? I hope Dawn thinks so Smile

 

DSC02566

 

And here is my take on it…..

 

DSC02567

 

 

I used Riding Hood Red cardstock as my three mats and the scallop circle. With a White Gel pen I added a dot into each scallop on the circle. 

 

DSC02568

 

I stamped and watercoloured the image from Bordering on Romance and punched it out using the 1 ¾ circle punch.  The striped paper is from the Twitterpated DSP. 

 

I used the very pretty Whisper White Organza ribbon for the banner and bow, although I think really I should have perhaps dyed it or used a different colour ribbon.

 

This is going to be a definite card layout that I will used again and again as I just love it!  Thank you Dawn for the inspiration.

 

Take care & Happy Crafting.

 

ElaineSmithSignature_byAngieWhalley12

No comments:

Post a Comment