Tuesday 29 May 2012

Feeling a little Twitterpated!

 

Today’s projects come to you using the new, and very gorgeous Twitterpated Designer Series Papers! Have you got them yet? No? Don’t forget you can order them from me at any time.

So first up is a neat little card based on a design from a previous card class. This time though instead of the Saleabration papers as the backdrop, I have used the very pretty little flowers sheet from Twitterpated DSP as my 1st Mat layer.

DSC02577

My second layer is Blushing Bride which I have punched out 3 hearts using the Triple Heart Punch, allowing you to get a peak at the fabby papers below. Using the White Gel Pen, I have faux stitched around the edge and adhered some of our new Blushing Bride Pleated Satin Ribbon across.

Using the Labels Framelits dies I die cut a piece of DSP which I have soften the edges using a Sponge Dauber and Island Indigo Ink, and the smaller piece is cut from of Whisper White. The Happy Birthday greeting is from Petite Pairs and is stamped in Island Indigo. I layered these together added the largest pearls from our Basic Pearls and adhered it to my card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.

DSC02578

As if that wasn’t enough, I then went on to make this cute little photo frame for my desk. This is my youngest daughter Cameron. It was taken at nursery some time ago and I have been looking to use it somewhere. The colours in the photo just lend themselves to the Twitterpated range.

DSC02582

The frame is actually a plain drinks coaster (beer mat) that I had in my stash. Actually I have a lot of them in my stash left over from a share over on a certain forum, and I am always looking for ways to use them!

DSC02583

I used the Labels Framelits dies to cut out a piece of Island Indigo cardstock, which I then ran back through the Big Shot in the Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. I then spritzed this with the Silver Shimmer Mist that I have mixed with some rubbing alcohol in a spritzer bottle.

For the flower I used the Five Point Flower punch to punch out 2 flowers, one in Riding Hood Red and the other in Blushing Bride. The centre of the flower was punched from the Twitterpated DSP using the Boho Blossoms punch.

DSC02584

I didn’t take a photo of the back but I did add and stand to the back for it to stay upright, but you could put it on one of those mini easel stands that I have seen about.

Add a cute photo of Cameron (or your own child/grandchild of course J ) and there you have your Coaster Frame.

Oh, yes – Cameron – Some of you will wonder if she is named after Cameron Diaz, alas no. Some off you know my love of Stargate and if you are familiar with that you’ll have realised that Cameron was one of the leaders of the SG1 team ;-) Okay yes he’s a guy, but she was going to be Cameron if she had been a boy or a girl. We did however chose different middle names for her just in case.  Although one of those is Teyla - another Stargate reference, this time from Stargate Atlantis.  I just hope she’ll forgive me later in life Winking smile

I hope you have enjoyed these.

Take Care and happy crafting!

 

ElaineSmithSignature_byAngieWhalley12

No comments:

Post a Comment