Tuesday 12 June 2012

Birthday Button Rainbow…

 

CM690B

Buttons. The most underused item in my stash. I love them, I have tons of them. And yet I cannot seem to use them on anything other than clothing.

Designer Buttons - Brights Collection - by Stampin' Up!

Recently I converted a white cardigan with football buttons on it that was my sons to a beautiful cardigan for my daughter to wear.

DSC02585

I took all the football buttons off and used 1 of each colour of the large buttons in the Stampin’ Up! Brights buttons that I had. I was going to use just one colour, but then thought that it would limit me to the outfits I could team it up with.

DSC02586      DSC02587

So on goes the buttons in Rainbow order and voila, a repurposed cardigan that will go with whatever she is wearing. What do you think?

Now after doing the cardigan, I thought that I could convert the idea to a Button Rainbow on a card. A very simple idea (just as I like them sometimes). One of each of the mid sized buttons, stuck down with our very sticky glue dots and a simply Happy birthday stamped in the corner. All mounted onto a Real Red card base.

DSC02561

And there you go…simple and neat and a great way to use up those buttons.

Happy crafting.

ElaineSmithSignature_byAngieWhalley12

Elaine Smith Images © Stampin’ Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment