Wednesday 30 January 2013

Scrapbook Swap

 

I am really behind with showing  you what's been going on of late.  I am desperately trying to catch up and bring you all those fabulous projects that you come here to see.

I do have a bit of an excuse, just after new year I had one of those winter colds that leaves you feeling a little Blurgh.  Once I was back on my feet, I had a few days grace to start writing up blog posts and making projects for you to see.  Then as the snow started…our heating broke down.  Very long story short…it took 2 weeks to get fixed (house temp went down to 6 degrees C) and another week for us to thaw out, me catch up on household & family stuff.  For those 2 weeks waiting to get it fixed we went on an “adventure”, at least that's what I led the children to believe!  We stayed at their grandparents and in a local hotel.  I was so glad to get home, do laundry of all things!  AS for our children, all in all they did fantastically well the whole time.  That’s no mean feat for 2 little ones aged 3 and 6.

Well enough of me, lets get onto the project catch up.

Just before Christmas I organised a Scrapbook page swap with some of my fellow demonstrators.  The rules were pages to be 8” x 8”, exclusively Stampin’ Up!., products and have fun.

Here’s my submission.

I used the wonderful Creative Elements stamp set.  The colour scheme is Basic Black, Very Vanilla and Marina Mist.  And as I sit here typing this I realise these are the colours in my craft room!

I used Whisper White Craft ink to stamp the flourish onto the main page.  Marina Mist was added to the First Edition Speciality paper using a Sponge Dauber.

DSC03002

Oh how I love that flower!

DSC03003

That little rhinestone in the centre is gorgeous isn’t it?

DSC03004

DSC03005

Hmm, do you think I should have added a rhinestone on the body of this gorgeous butterfly?

I hope you like it as much as I do.  I will post up the others tomorrow for you.

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy crafting.

ElaineSmithSignature_byAngieWhalley12

No comments:

Post a Comment